In order to avoid hitches in travel plans and misunderstandings at the airport, Riga International Airport has some useful advice to give passengers before departure:
· Arrive at the airport two hours before the departure time indicated on the carrier’s ticket, in order to complete the necessary formalities in due time.
· Read the information on the airport’s home page www.riga-airport.com, section Passengers, on restrictions for air transportation applied both to carry-on and hold baggage.
· Make certain that all the necessary documents are brought along and valid for the time of travel.
· Make certain that underage children have all the necessary travel documents if travelling either with adults, or unaccompanied.
· Keep in mind that Latvian passports with a validity term exceeding 50years, and older passports containing a glued-in photo are not valid for travel.
· Read the rules of your carrier.
· Take into account that every airline has its own rules regarding the size and weight of baggage.
· Don’t joke about the presence of explosive materials and other prohibited items in your baggage, or about other flight safety related issues.
· Dress comfortably for the flight; avoid using many accessories and jewellery that could prolong the security check.
· Remember that in the carry-on baggage passengers are allowed to transport liquids in containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres packed in transparent, re-sealable 1 litre plastic bags. Each passenger may carry only one such bag.
· Laptops and other bigger electronic devices must be packed in the carry-on baggage in such a way that they can be quickly taken out at the security checkpoint.
Other useful travel information is available on the airport’s home page www.riga-airport.com, section Passengers, on the home page of every airline and your destination country’s embassy, on State Border Guard home page www.rs.gov.lv, and by calling the airport’s enquiry number 1187.
Riga International Airport is the leading airport in the Baltic States. In the summer season, from Riga International Airport it is possible to reach 81 destinations on flights operated by 19 airlines: airBaltic, Ryanair, Wizz Air, LOT, Lufthansa, Transaero, Turkish Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, UTair, Norwegian, Aeroflot, Belavia, Finnair, AMC Airlines, Onur Air, Iberia Express, Bulgarian Air Charter, Astra Airlines, SmartLynx.
To publish this article please contact BalticTravelnews.eu editorial board