Facts about Baltics (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania):
2. Baltic population = 5 935 022
1. Language = Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian:
2. Capital Cities = Tallinn; Riga; Vilnius:
3. Population = Estonia - 1,326,535; Latvia - 1,886,198; Lithuania - 2,722,289:
4. Biggest Lake = Peipus (2 611km²); Lubāns (25km²); Drūkšu (45km²):
5. Longest River = Võhandu (162 km); Gauja (452 km); Nemunas (359km):
6. Highest Mountain = Suur Munamägi (318m); Gaiziņkalns (312m); Aukštojas Hill (294m):
7. Currency = All three Baltic States have adopted the Euro currency. Estonia in 2011, Latvia in 2014 , Lithuania in 2015.
8. Proclamation of Independence = All the three Baltic states have two independence days. The first independence was declared after WWI in 1918.
9. Most historical event that unites the Baltic Countries is The Baltic Way (or Baltic Chain), which took place on August 23, 1989. Around 2 million citizens from Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia joined hands in a human chain that stretched 600 kilometres across the 3 Baltic states as a peaceful political demonstration.
10. Country Abbreviations (3-Letter) = EST; LVA; LTU:
11. Internet country code top-level domain = Estonia domain.ee; Latvia domain.lv; Lithuania domain.lt:
12. Most popular sport = Estonians are mainly into Winter sports; Latvian enjoy ice-hockey, but have multiple great basketball players; Lithuanians are all for Basketball, several Lithuanians have even gone on to NBA fame.
13. One of the most interesting facts about Estonia is that its capital city’s (Tallinn) residents can use the public transports for free. Unfortunately, that privilege does not extend to visitors.
14. Latvia’s internet speed is among the fastest in the world.
15. Lithuanian is one of the oldest languages in the world today. This language is one of the oldest living Indo-European languages of Europe.