Sigulda Bobsleigh and Luge Track was opened in 1986, and is one of the few tracks in the world that is accessible to both professional athletes and visitors.
The total length of the bobsleigh and luge Track is 1200 m, it features 16 curves, and allows for a maximum speed of 125 km/h. The track is suited for bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton competitions and training sessions. Both international and local competitions are held here every season.
All have the opportunity to chase adrenaline through the curves of the track while competitions are not taking place. An adventure is guaranteed!
Enjoy the following in Sigulda bobsleigh and luge track:
- speeding through the curves of the track in a soft bob during winter;
- chasing adrenaline in the winter bob;
- if you want to know what skeleton is, then try riding Varde (the Frog);
- panoramic view of the old valley of the Gauja River, the town, and the bobsleigh track from the starting platform of the track;
- have a walk along the track, and explore the constructions of the track and its starting platform.
Rides with summer bobsleigh are organized from May to September on weekends from 12.00 to 17.00. Prior booking is not necessary!
Rides with vuchko are organized from November to March on weekends from 12.00 to 17.00. Prior booking is not necessary! Rides are not happening during the competitions.
Rides with winter bobsleigh and tourist attraction "frog" are organized from November to March daily by prior arrangement (tel. +371 29244948).
More information in THIS site.